Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm not even driving the boat

Welcome to the Heights of Success. The title of my blog is based on my motto that I have had for many years and struggle to follow each day:

"If I have given God glory today in the things I have done, I have reached the height of success."

This is my first attempt to publicly share my thoughts on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I find it strange that this pursuit is so difficult and rewarding at the same time. Each day is a blessing and each struggle feels like a curse yet all of these ups and downs come from a desire to reach one final end - fullfillment.

For many years, I have felt like I was driving the boat, but I wasn't sure where I was going. Now, I'm not even driving the boat. I have a new captain. He's trustworthy. Knowledgable. He's sailed these seas many times before and even walked on water.

What you will find here will be irrational. Sometimes seemingly nuts. I don't know where it will lead and what it may mean to you as a reader, but it's real and it feels more real than I've ever felt before.

No comments:

Post a Comment